The College was established in 1949 and pursues excellence upholding the far-sighted vision of our revered Founder, Servant of God Archbishop Mar Ivanios. The College currently offers 12 degree programmes and 8 post-graduate programmes. Upholding academic excellence, the Institution has established six Research Centres.
IInitially a college affiliated to the erstwhile University of Travancore, the College has been affiliated to the University of Kerala since 1957. Mar Ivanios College is the first Institution in the University of Kerala to receive accreditation from the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) in 1999. The College was also the first to be re-assessed and re-accredited with \\\"A\\\" Grade by NAAC in 2004. In 2011 the College was re-assessed by the NAAC Peer team as part of the Third Cycle of re-accreditation process. Mar Ivanios College became the first private college affiliated to the University of Kerala to receive the status of CPE (College with Potential for Excellence) from the UGC. The College has been conferred with Autonomy status by the UGC from June 2014..
- The Malcolm Adisheshiah Commission had short listed Mar Ivanios College as early as 1985, for the conferment of Autonomous Institution Status.
- The College won the R. Sankar award instituted by the Govt. of Kerala, for the best college for the year 1997-98.
- The College is the first Institution in the University of Kerala to receive accrediatio from the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) in 1999
- Champions in the University Youth festival over the years. Won the Kalathilakam and Kalaprathibha Trophies at the Kerala University Youth Festival 2011.
- Short listed as one of the best ten Centres of Excellence in Higher Education in Kerala by Vanitha a publication of the Malayala Manorama.
- Short listed by the UGC in 2004, for conferment of Autonomy.
- CPE (College with Potential for Excellence) status conferred by the UGC. The College is one among the six at the State Level and 47 at the National Level to achieve this status.
- Member of the British Council Exams Partnership Programme.
- Approved Cambridge University ESPOL Training/ Examination Centre.
- Re-assessed and re-accrediated (Third Cycle) by NACC in 2011.
- Identifies as First Centre in Kerala to train Life Science Graduate for higher studies and research career. (Star College Scheme)
- Autonomy status conferred with effect from June 2014
- CPE status extended from 2014 to 2019.
- DDU-KAUSHAL Kendra sanctioned for the college by UGC in 2015.
- College bags 36th position in NIRF ranking 2018
Rev.Fr.BENEDICT O.I.C(HB Benedict Mar Gregorios)
Rev. Fr. Daniel Kuzhithadathil
Rev.Dr.Samuel kattukallil (H.E. Samuel Mar Irenios)
Rev. Dr. Mathew Manakarakavil
Dr. K.M. Francis
Dr. Mathews Cheriyan Msc , BEd, MPhil, PhD
Rev. Dr. Gigi Thomas