The Department of Economics, the first department of the College, was established in the year 1949. Originally it was a combined department of Economics, History and Political Science. Later by 1996 as per the UGC directions the department was trifurcated and the Department of Economics was established as a separate department. The Department offers B A Degree in Economics with History/Mathematics and Political Science as the complementary papers. The Economics Department offers the core paper, the complementary optional paper, History is offered by the Department of History, the second complementary optional paper Mathematics is offered by the Dept. of Mathematics and the complementary paper Political Science is offered by the Department of Political Science.
The current staff strength is 5
1. Dr.Jessy Thomas MA (Eco), MPhil, PhD
2. Ms. Anju Mary George MA (Eco), B.Ed, M.Ed
3. Mr. Ani V (Guest Faculty Member) MA(Eco), B.Ed
Dr. P.G. Thomaskutty, M.A., M.Phil., Ph.D.